Tuesday, October 1, 2013

MTC!!

Greetings from the West Campus MTC! I have survived the first 6 days of my mission. Lemme tell you, the first two days were rough....as in I couldn't even speak a word...I was so overwhelmed. On Thursday night I was at dinner sitting there and seriously felt like I couldn't do this. I know?! That's not me at all, but that's how I felt. I felt like all the preparing I did didn't help at all and that I seriously knew nothing of the gospel (I was just being dramatic but still...). Then I thought to myself, "hmmm i should pray..?" so I went and prayed and felt this overwhelming feeling of peace that I can do this. Then later that night me and my lovely companion Sister Garrett were called as our zones STL's (sister training leaders)! Talk about timing. I know if I hadn't prayed I would've shut down from receiving even more responsibility, but I am safe to say that all is well here in zion. 
The number one piece of advice I could give to anyone who is planning/preparing to serve a mission, is that you need to be HUMBLE. Not just kind of humble. HUMBLE. This work us missionaries are doing is our Heavenly Fathers work and we must do what he wants us to do. We can't go in thinking we're going to teach what we want to, but we must teach what the Spirit is testifying for us to teach. 
So a little bit about how things work over here at the West Campus. Sister Garrett and I live in Wyview and we go to class over at Raintree. We have our own cafeteria, bookstore, barbershop, chapel, creamery, laundry room, etc. We never go up to main campus unless we have a devotional (like what we had last night) and even then it's an option to walk up there cuz we can just watch it in the chapel.  At first I was not happy about that staying here because I wanted the authentic experience of the MTC but I honestly LOVE Westside. 
My companion is AMAZING! My district is SUPER! And I LOVE my zone! 
I've never felt as much love from my Savior as I have in these past few days. I should rephrase that, I've never recognized my Saviors love as much as I have in the past few days. Our Saviors love is always there, he's always knocking, we just have to let him in. Even if things are horrible and hard and the trials always seem to keep coming, our Savior is always looking out for us. At the very end of the Book of Mormon, Mormon is speaking to his son Moroni telling him about all the horrific things going on in the world, and the world had never been so wicked. I invite everyone to read Moroni 10:30-33. Those verses brought me great comfort to know that even when times are tough, we just have to turn to Christ and we will find strength. 
I love you all so much! Thank you for your love and support.
Oh! I've seen a few familiar faces here...Sister Knapp, Elder Hickey, Elder Buxton, and Elder Roudabough (can't spell his last name) 
The gospel is true. Our Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us. Our Savior loves us. The Spirit is always trying to teach us something so listen for those promptings!
Love, Sista Jaybee